- Division: Accounting & Finance
- Level: Manager/Supervisor
- Type: Direct Hire
- JobID: 30510
- City/State: Ladson, SC
A growing manufacturing company is seeking a Controller for it's Ladson facility. The ideal candidate will have 2 to 3 years of experience as a Controller in a manufacturing facility. Will consider candidates that have 10 years of progressive accounting experience and are ready for the next step in their career. Automotive manufacturing experience is highly desired. This role offers growth opportunity and the ability to build the role from scratch since it's newly created.
SUMMARY: The Controller will be responsible for preparation and distribution of various internal financial statements to management, maintenance of the organization’s general ledger, and ensuring that all transactions and documentation complies with US GAAP and IAS.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Manage the preparation and distribution of internal financial statements, reports, maintaining the highest quality, reliability and accuracy.
* Manage monthly closing process, including reconciliations and analysis of related accounts.
* Manage other compliance areas including tax processing and other financial statements.
* Develop and maintain the integrity of the financial reporting process and financial controls.
* Coordinate, develop and update written policies and procedures over the financial reporting process.
* Maintain and strengthen internal controls over financial reporting.
* Research and resolve accounting issues including evaluation and implementation of new accounting pronouncements to ensure US GAAP and IAS compliance.
* Responsible for fringe benefit calculations.
* Provide Executive Management updates on key issues and improve communications across functions
* Additional duties as needed and assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
* Knowledge of best practices in internal controls
* Managerial experience.
* International accounting and issue recognition experience;
* Uses various software applications, such as spreadsheets, relational databases, statistical packages, and graphics packages to assemble, manipulate and/or format data and/or reports.
* Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
* Intermediate level knowledge of Word and PowerPoint.
* Self-starter capable of working independently.
* Experience working effectively as part of a small team.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
* MBA or Masters Degree