Columbia SC Area, South Carolina
- Division: Manufacturing & Engineering
- Level: Executive
- Type: Direct Hire
- JobID: 30973
- City/State: Columbia SC Area, South Carolina
Seeking General/Operations Manager for the North American location. This role is critical for the creation of American sales growth of the division. There is considerable potential to grow in market share with both new and existing distributors. This growth will come from geographical expansion and from developing our sales networks in existing territories. The manager will be responsible for building up this US location and maximizing sales revenue through machine sales and after-sales (parts & service).
The Division established a Dealer Support operation near Columbia SC and from this location the company sells and supports street sweepers produced at the three European factories, based in the UK, France and the Netherlands. The main objective is to build the sales and after-sales team and create the structure, process and operations of this new entity.
The candidate will be based in the Columbia SC location but the position will involve a high degree of travel. Looking for a confident, hands-on and organized sales professional. A team-player who has worked in a similar role in a business-to-business environment for heavy equipment and dealer relations.
- Together with the Business Development Manager, creating business plans and strategies for multiple product line markets that ensure attainment of the branch’s sales goals and profitability
- Supporting the Business Development Manager in the development of a strong nationwide distribution network
- Monitor the implementation of the sales-and after sales strategy for the US market
- Reports and provides timely feedback regarding the branch’s performance
- Build up personal relationships with the distributors, manage and develop key accounts
- Assess local market conditions and identify current and prospective sales opportunities together with the distributor. Maintain a high level of knowledge of the marketplace (customer needs, competitor moves, innovations, etc.)
- Be responsible for the budget of the branch at all levels (sales, headcount, capex, …)
- Adopt decisions to correct negative deviations from budget
- Optimize the branch organization in all departments. Locate areas of improvement and propose corrective actions. Introduce, implement or improve the systems and add structure to the department and create clear processes to optimize the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of the team efforts
- Building a sales and after-sales team and be highly involved in the HR policies and strategies. Bring out the best of branch’s personnel by providing training, coaching, development and motivation. Secure a proactive, energetic and entrepreneurial attitude within the team, steer, manage and support your staff towards targeted results and closely monitor the performance while stimulating internal team work and cross-divisional collaboration
- Address customer- and employee satisfaction issues promptly
- Maintains communication between other divisional operations and divisional management by preparing reports as requested
- Bachelors or Master degree in engineering or business
- Be a proactive individual that can develop new business as well as develop existing accounts within a dealership market
- Have a proven track record of success working and developing a sales team
- Be a natural sales leader that is able to demonstrate good sales practices for the team
- Experienced in profit & loss responsibility and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Have experience within a technical/machine building business.