Columbia Area, South Carolina
- Division: Human Resources
- Level: Non-Management
- Type: Direct Hire
- JobID: 30975
- City/State: Columbia Area, South Carolina
The Human Resources Generalist supports the facility and the Director of Human Resources in all functional areas of the HR Department, which may include recruitment and employment, personnel records, employee and/or labor relations, job evaluations, and benefits administration.
- Receive and review employment applications and other human resources forms.
- Conduct initial screening on paper and review online applications, ensuring minimum qualifications are met.
- Forward qualified candidates to respective hiring managers for feedback.
- Track referral data on each applicant to identify source of applicant.
- Ensure that all online applicants complete a paper application if not yet completed.
- Manage files on all applicants, both contacted and not selected and those not contacted.
- Extend verbal offers to all selected candidates.
- Assist in world-class on-boarding, engagement, and staff development programs to ensure retention of talent, alignment with values of organization, and compliance with all state and federal laws.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements and advise management on needed actions.
- Assist in all workers’ compensation, FMLA, and leave of absence administration.
- Collaborate with and counsel management on employee relations and grievances minimizing liability and exposure to potential adverse actions. Ensure separation documentation compliance and cost efficiency with unemployment claims.
- Coordinate and manage on-boarding process for all prospective new hires, including orientation, background testing, reference checking, etc.
- Communicate with prospective new hires regarding orientation and documentation requirements.
- Complete necessary checks through respective vendors.
- Update and manage Employee Status Report detailing new hires by orientation date.
- Conduct, along with the Benefits Administrator, orientation program for new hires which details all new hire paperwork, policies, safety compensation, leave, etc. Review and ensure completeness of all required forms.
- Enter all new hire information in various systems (ADP, E-Verify etc).
- Process all status changes, ensuring proper signatures, timeliness, etc.
- Create new hire folders.
- Process all requests for employment verification for current or previous employees.
- Handle day to day employee relations issues and questions regarding internal applications, time off, leave of absence, personnel changes, etc
- Bachelor of Science and three to five years of related Human Resources administration experience
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to use MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment with associates
- Capability of effective planning and priority setting
- Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of plan designs