IT Administrator - 33304
Laurens, South Carolina
- Level: Non-Management
- Type: Direct Hire
- JobID: 33304
- City/State: Laurens, South Carolina
Day to Day:
- Providing support in-person and over the phone with users
- Assessing, troubleshooting and resolving hardware, software and server issues
- Application troubleshooting
- Printer maintenance
- Responsible for documenting and resolving tickets
- Resolving server and network issues
Required Skill Sets:
- 5+ years of experience help desk/desktop experience in a Windows environment. (this is a blended role)
- Strong experience with Windows 10
- Active Directory experience
- Experience with firewalls is a big plus
- Experience supporting 3rd party applications
- Must have great communication skills
- Experience documenting and resolving tickets
Official Job Description:
- Purpose of the Job:
Working in an ever-changing manufacturing environment, configures and deploys Windows desktops, laptops and other computer hardware equipment according to company specifications and assists other team members as needed.
- Dimensions: (These areas can change, but need to be similar within your position)
Number of employees: 285
Number of customers: 285
Number of products:
- Positions (Titles) directly reporting: N/A
4. Principle Accountabilities (Major duties):
- Accept helpdesk calls and tickets from users, record resolution information.
- Performs diagnostics with user to collect information about problem to determine source of error.
- Reviews, analyzes and repairs any problems and debugs programs and data affected.
- Troubleshoot and resolve common Windows/PC issues and escalate unusual issues when needed.
- Provides computer users with training and telephone support for MS Office, Internet Browsers, email and other applications.
- Download, install, and test software / Conducts trial runs of programs and software applications to ensure they produce the desired results.
- Provides written and oral reports as requested.
- Participates in writing policies and procedures related to IT.
- Continually evaluates the company’s technology programs to ensure corporate objectives are being met while also ensuring security of company.
- Must be able to follow written instructions.
- Learn department procedures and complete routine tasks requiring judgement.
- Be knowledgeable of and responsible for the current Company policies and procedures as they relate to the job description.
- Performs other duties as assigned which are in the best interests of the company.
- Manage computer physical inventory/assets and software licensing.
- Monitor and manage network IP addresses and VLAN usage.
- Take regular back-ups of server files and maintain disaster recovery operations.
- Responsible for configuring, deploying and repair of servers, computers and laptops in a Windows 7/Windows 10 environment.
- Willingness to travel via commercial airlines, out of state overnight, at times for 1 week.
- Must possess good people skills and be organized and neat in appearance and habits.
- Good organizational skills.
- Possess good problem solving and communication skills.
- Possess Ability to multi-task and function in a team environment.
- High School Diploma required.
- IT related Associates Degree or management approved related experience.
- Work with limited supervision.
- Must be detailed and technologically oriented.
- Able to efficiently manage time and projects. (task prioritization skills)
- Able to handle stressful situations for short periods of time.
- Able to withstand brief periods of high or low temperatures and humidity.
- Knowledgeable of serial communication is a plus.
- Understanding of network communications including VLAN’s.
- Experience with Cisco/Meraki networks. Enable/Disable switch ports, change port properties.
- Experience with Palo Alto Firewalls is a plus.
- Fluent with objects in Active Directory and ability to write/modify GPO’s.
- Familiar with MS Office 2007-2019.
- Ability to efficiently patch Microsoft OS and 3rd party applications.
To apply for this job, submit your resume to