Field Service Manager
Columbia / Blythewood Area, South Carolina
- Division: Manufacturing & Engineering
- Level: Manager/Supervisor
- Type: Direct Hire
- JobID: 33417
- City/State: Columbia / Blythewood Area, South Carolina
Field Service Manager leads the service network to provide the best possible uptime on our products, responsiveness to product issues, protect our brand image and deliver customer satisfaction.
- Manage product support to distributors/customers through Field Support personnel.
- Resolution of product issues through providing prompt technical guidance/ direction, follow up to ensure timely resolution and where necessary field fixes where a factory solution is not available.
- Manage the After Sales Managers to ensure skill sets and technical knowledge and customer service competence remain current
- Build, maintain and grow relationships/contacts with distributors and customers.
- Execute aftersales parts and service initiatives to grow parts sales and service solutions
- Act as conduit between the field and central technical support to ensure technical problems are well documented, technically complete and fact based to support product quality improvement action recommendations.
- Conduct performance objective setting, regular field team assessments and employee feedback and results.
- Manage departmental expenses within budgeted targets
- Assist and recommend personnel hiring.
- Manage daily activities of the After Sales Managers.
- Coordinate and provide parts and service support to our Distributor/Customer Network.
- Provide verbal and written reports to responsible departments concerning field issues.
- Coordinate the execution of approved Field Product Improvement campaigns.
- Solicit registrations and participation in Technical Training classes for distributors and key customers.
- Promote Company and dealer relationships through periodic travel to dealers and distributors, with a focus on the promotion of parts, service and support initiatives.
- Establish annual performance and business objectives for after sales managers; develop and implement a strategy to comply with the Company’s parts growth objectives; provide objective performance appraisals to measure achievements against objectives.
- Convey a professional company image and work to continuously improve this image with direct reports, Distributors and customers.
- Comply with Company policies and procedures, including the completion of documents and records.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and/or Business Management
- 5 years of technical/marketing management background
- Desire and ability to work in fast paced manufacturing environment
- Strong work habits
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills with ability to develop strong professional working relationships across all levels of the organization
- Ability to analyze and present data effectively
- Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to actively seek root cause and solutions to problems
- Capability to plan effectively, set priorities, make sound decisions and to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to multitask, solve problems, manage time, adapt to changing work conditions and shift priorities in a fast paced environment
- Superior organizational skills, strong quality orientation and high attention to detail
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to use Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of and adherence to occupational hazards and standard safety practices
- Strong ethical standards, reliability, professionalism, positive attitude and ability to remain calm in stressful situations