Columbia, South Carolina
- Division: Office Support
- Level: Non-Management
- Type: Direct Hire
- JobID: 34492
- City/State: Columbia, South Carolina
Legal Assistant needed for firm in Downtown Columbia to provide administrative support to four or more attorneys.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares legal documents, pleadings, contracts and correspondence from draft or dictated text.
- Manages attorneys’ calendars and assists in meeting deadlines.
- Dockets court filing deadlines and scheduling orders.
- Maintains attorneys’ time entry for billing purposes.
- Coordinates attorneys’ and/or clients’ travel arrangements including scheduling flights, ground transportation, overnight accommodations, preparing directions, and confirming travel schedules.
- Performs clerical duties such as scheduling appointments, transcribing dictation, composing and typing routine correspondence, scanning and converting various documents, and reading and routing incoming mail.
- 5+ years of experience as a legal secretary or as an administrative assistant in a law firm or legal department. Experience supporting the following practice group(s):
- Associates or Bachelors degree preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including typing skills of 75 WPM.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills. Must effectively prioritize work/projects and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities and accommodate rush requests.
- Motivated, self-directed individual with ability to anticipate and resolve issues and work with little to no supervision.
- Experience using a legal time and billing system.