Litigation Support Specialist
Columbia, South Carolina
- Division: Office Support
- Level: Non-Management
- Type: Direct Hire
- JobID: 35614
- City/State: Columbia, South Carolina
Client in downtown Columbia is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time Litigation Support Specialist. The successful candidate will be familiar with firm litigation and business support software. He/she will assist attorneys with the use of litigation software, e-discovery, document productions, trial preparation, etc., and will bill clients for appropriate time. EOE/M/F/Vets/Disabled.
- Experience with litigation support database software platforms
- Paralegal or litigation experience is preferred.
- Determine which software suits case needs, considering programs that link document indices and metadata with native ESI, images, and searchable text, along with deposition testimony.
- Develop case-specific database(s) to facilitate the retrieval of documents and testimony, and in preparation for document productions, depositions, and trial.
- Review documents and data to prepare instructions for processing, data conversion, and load files needed for the selected database solution.
- Manage document review projects
- Assist with the development of computer-generated graphics, demonstrative evidence, and presentations.
- Assist with the development of case- or client-specific extranets.
- Assist attorneys and paralegals in creating and developing case- or client-specific databases.
- Assist attorneys and paralegals in setting up war rooms for trial, imaging, overhead, etc.
- Assist attorneys in business and trial presentations.
- Based upon needs of all personnel, create training manuals for each software program used.
- Maintain documentation/information about hardware/software uses and available technology; attend continuing education programs about available and future technology.
- Work well with others as part of a team.