FGP has been retained by Girl Scouts of Connecticut (GSOFCT) to conduct a search for their next Chief Executive Officer (CEO). GSOFCT is seeking a Chief Executive Officer to serve as a strategic visionary complemented by a growth mindset, innovation, and a contagious passion for the advancement of girls. The CEO is accountable for ensuring achievement of the Council’s overall strategic plan and is charged with leading all aspects of the organization, including but not limited to community impact, cultural engagement, fund, and membership development, as well as efficient operations and fiscal management.
GSOFCT Visibility & Impact
- Visible, approachable, and accessible to those in the community as a brand ambassador.
- Understands critical issues affecting girls’ lives today, advances Girl Scouts as the thought leader and premier voice for girls at the local, state, and federal level.
- Increases connections and with the community involvement, specifically reaching into every area of the Council territory to ultimately nurture strategic relationships, increase visibility, and grow membership numbers.
- Serves as an advocate for girls in the Council and builds the brand within the community.
- Works closely with the Board, oversees change initiatives, strategic planning development and implementation.
- Executes strategic plan, monitors progress, and evaluates effectiveness.
- Spearheads the organization’s business strategies, ensuring that they align and remain consistent with the organizational mission and core values.
- Works in partnership with the national organization to promote the national policy agenda and implement a unified policy voice and advocacy strategy.
Talent, Culture, & Team Development
- Motivates, coaches, and leads a high-performance senior management team.
- Leads the team in the selection, management, and retention of a talented council workforce committed to the Girl Scouts mission.
- Builds a culture of engagement and empowerment through consistent communication, and collaboration.
- Provides leadership and guidance for the design, development, and implementation of volunteer and HR systems ensuring GSOFCT attracts and retains diverse and talented pool of volunteers and staff.
Program & Product Development
- Oversees development and administration of the programs and products that support GSOFCT’s mission, vision, goals, and strategies.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of new programs, products, and strategies aimed at stimulating and sustaining membership growth.
- Monitors program initiatives and holds the organization accountable for reasonable growth and change.
- Assists in removing barriers to participation to ensure equal access and opportunity.
Fundraising & Financial Management
- Leverages personal contacts and organizational relationships to identify potential donors and partners.
- Supports initiatives to diversify and increase funding sources (including individual and corporate donors as well as identifying and pursuing grants and other funding sources).
- Supports the Board in the development and execution of fund development strategies enabling GSOFCT to address current and long-term organizational sustainability.
- Manages the annual financial planning and budget process and ensures all organizational divisions operate within the approved budgets.
- The ideal candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree in not-for-profit leadership or organizational development and 15+ years of progressive executive experience within the community impact or nonprofit industry. Candidates from the commercial / for-profit arena with appropriate qualifications will also be considered.
- Throughout their professional career, the candidate will need to have demonstrated success in fund development, vision, collaboration, leadership, managing diversity, community relations, planning, board relations, property management, and program delivery.
- They will be a diversity & equity advocate, team-oriented, results-driven and display a vision and passion for the youth enrichment experience.
Anyone interested in being considered for this opportunity can email their resume to Kristy Lysik, Klysik@fgp.com.