(Hybrid role with 2 days remote opportunity)
This role is responsible for optimizing the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for the item numbers within assigned commodities. In this role the Commodity manager will strategically conduct research and analyze current and potential new suppliers, related industry information, commodity market information and benchmarks to develop and maintain a commodity strategy that optimizes the trade-offs of TCO.
The Commodity Manager engages and negotiates with suppliers to optimize costs. Provides strategic guidance to management. This is an individual contributor position that reports to the Procurement Manager.
- Develops and implements commodity strategies and develops specific suppliers based on performance (quality, service, technology, inventory, and price).
- Develops procurement plans to support new product launch projects. Prepares and executes supplier Request for Quotes (RFQs) and purchase orders.
- Utilizes appropriate reporting tools and processes to monitor results with a focus on efficiency and continuous measurable improvement.
- Ensures compliance with the Small Business Administration and Department of Defense regulations in procurement activities, including outreach efforts to disadvantaged suppliers.
- A bachelor’s degree is required. A degree in the field(s) of Business, Materials, Supply Chain, or Engineering are preferred. Advanced degrees are encouraged.
- 5+ years of experience in supply chain including extensive buying and procurement experience is required.
- A minimum of two of these years must be in direct commodity experience with emphasis on strategy development, contract negotiation, and supply development.
- Microsoft Office, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system experience preferred.