Director of Operations
Innovative manufacturing startup is looking for an experienced leader to help develop, guide and grow it’s flagship facility in the Bloomington/Peoria area. This organization is changing the way we make products and pioneering products and processes for brands to meet their sustainability goals. They are already partnering with some of the world’s most iconic brands and will only continue to grow their client portfolio.
They are in search of a seasoned, colorbabtive, “roll your sleeves up” leader that has experience creating systems, processes and procedures in all manufacturing areas (R&D, Engineering, Production, Maintenance, Quality, Materials/Planning, Warehouse/logistics).
Excited about being a part of something “Earth” changing? Enjoy creating? Like being in the thick of the work? Want to make an impact you can see and build on daily? This could be your next opportunity!
The Director of Operations is a critical member of the leadership team. The Director of Operations is passionate about data, collaborative problem solving, building LEAN systems, and driving performance across the company. The Director of Operations is relied upon to assure coordination of activities related to the commercialization of new products to assure consistency between technology platforms and the company’s readiness to manufacture.
The Director of Operations builds effective leadership teams that embrace our values and company mission and can create effective policies and procedures to ensure assigned manufacturing facilities and teams operate at peak efficiency, while creating an environment that team members feel valued and empowered. Additionally, the Director of Operations is flexible and comfortable working within ambiguous situations, collaborating with Senior Product Development Engineers and Scientists, and providing hands-on support.
- Work with Senior leadership to develop and implement strategies resulting in measurable improvements within manufacturing operations.
- Establish meaningful performance metrics, collect and analyze data, implement appropriate corrective actions and then compile critical reports.
- Build cross-functional relationships across the company that support collaborative problem solving.
- Inspire confidence and creativity across the company through the development of a continuous improvement culture that embraces thoughtful dialogue and open exchange of ideas, and fact-based management decision making.
- Maintain shop-floor presence, active participation in the manufacturing process and problem solving.
- Provide strategic input for supply planning within the S&OP process, annual planning, and optimization.
- Identify engineered improvement opportunities, technology gaps, and resource requirements to meet production programs and reduce operating expenses.
- Pro-active leadership and participation within Change Management, Project Management, and Facility Management (within assigned operation).
- Develop and manage operating and capital expenditure budgets related to Manufacturing Operations within assigned location(s), assuring adherence to annual targets.
- Develop and cascade annual performance objectives as defined by the executive leadership.
- Provides “back-up” for Production Leadership as needed to assure continuity of leadership throughout manufacturing operations.
- Embraces and promotes the organization’s core values , creating an inclusive and collaborative work environment.
- Ensure all employees follow all company and industry standard health and safety guidelines.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field and 8 years of directly related work experience, with at least 5 years in a leadership role, or an equitable combination of education and experience as required to successfully perform the indicated tasks.
- Master’s degree in business administration preferred.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Proven ability to build collaborative relationships to drive continuous improvement.
- Proven track record of implementing productivity focused training programs.
- Working knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Ability to coach and mentor employees on a one-on-one basis as well as motivate broader groups.
- A working knowledge of ANSI/ASQC ISO 9001 or comparable Quality System standard.
- A working knowledge of LEAN Manufacturing.
- Key areas of experience are focused on Food, Rubber, Paper, Plastics or Textile manufacturing.