Mechanical Contractor is seeking a General Manager to oversee office operations, manage field service team members and the scheduling, along with process improvement.
The company has created this role due to growth. In addition to a leader of people, we are looking for someone who can evaluate the existing processes to help create, implement, and execute processes and procedures. As the company has grown, they need to refine the way they do business to support continued growth.
The company offers competitive base + bonus based on company’s performance and the role has room for growth. This is an in-office role in Greenville, SC. This will be a senior leadership role in the organization.
Office Management and Accounting:
- Supervise all office staff and oversee HR activities including training, safety, recruiting, payroll, etc.
- Manage office IT needs
- Lead implementation for new accounting software
- Manage team vacation scheduling and documentation
- Oversee AP/AR, billing, taxes, etc.
Service and Logistics:
- Oversee all service team members
- Handle contracts and documentation for client service and their preventative and ongoing maintenance
- Dispatch technicians and manage the field team schedule
- Oversee shipping and receiving, organizing inventory
- Handle fleet vehicle records and maintenance scheduling
- Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering preferred but not required.
- 3+ years of operations experience, preferably managing field service technicians.
- Industry experience in industrial contracting or services with field technicians, etc. required
- Strong experience with process creation, implementation, and improvement
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and collaborate on high-level company strategy
- Strong knowledge of ERP system strongly preferred
- Ability to lead and develop team members as a servant leader