The Human Resources and Administration Manager is responsible for the planning, development, implementation and administration of Human Resources functions, including but not limited to, recruitment, screening, employment, employee relations, EEO, compensation, benefits, inclusion initiatives and organizational development. Develop and drive creative HR strategies and initiatives, and advise agency management in Human Resource compliance. This role will work closely with all HR related outsourced service providers.
Administrative duties include, but are not limited to, office and technology equipment maintenance and upgrades, development of technology initiatives and improvements, and supervising the Administrative Coordinator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Human Resource essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Managing all Human Resource functions; planning, organizing, and controlling all related processes and oversight.
- Developing and administering human resources policies and procedures for all agency personnel; training and monitoring adherence to internal policies.
- Remaining current and knowledgeable about federal, state and local employment law and applying appropriate measures to ensure compliance; anticipate and minimize litigation risks
- Ensuring applicable and required compliance reporting is completed, maintaining other records, reports, and logs to conform to governing employment law regulations
- Developing and implementing a strategic recruitment plan; ensuring the attraction of, selection of, and retaining of the most highly qualified and diverse personnel for the job
- Developing and implementing an orientation procedure for onboarding new hires
- Serving as the point of contact for employment relations, employee advocacy and employee recognition
- Developing and coordinating annual training plans, including mandated trainings, and performance evaluation tools
- Working with supervisors to handle conflict resolution, including grievances, investigations and violations
- Conducting salary surveys as needed, analyzing and auditing compensation for market competitiveness and ensuring pay equity
- Developing, recommending, and implementing personnel policies and procedures, preparing and maintaining Employee Handbook
- Performing benefits administration to include claims resolution and invoice approval; collaborating with Finance staff to annually re-evaluate policies for quality and cost effectiveness
- Ensuring a Succession Plan is place and reviewed annually
- Establishing and maintaining department records and reports
- Performing other duties as assigned
The Administration essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Developing an overall organizational technology plan for efficiency and improved reporting; includes technology replacement strategy
- Optimizing services provided by outside vendors, such as phones/internet and computer and computer maintenance; upgrading, researching alternatives, presenting options to leadership
- Supervision of the Administrative Coordinator
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business or related field preferred
- A minimum of 5 years related HR experience, at least 2 of these years in a management role
- Broad generalist background including coaching and counseling, performance management, employee involvement, teambuilding, as well as compensation and benefits administration
- Thorough knowledge of HR principles and federal/local regulations
- Must have demonstrated success in recruiting and retaining diverse employee talent, including creating and implementing recruitment strategies
- Exceptional communication skills to a varied audience and through all available methods
- Excellent ability to multi-task and prioritize in a busy, fast-growth environment; must have discretion, flexibility and a willingness to work closely with our administrative leadership team
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Power Point is essential