We are recruiting a proven accounting leader to serve as Controller for a manufacturing facility in Spartanburg County. The Controller must be able to provide both strategic and tactical leadership for accounting, reporting, and controls. This position will have the opportunity to partner with a dynamic leadership team to ensure that the organization is successful and profitable. They must operate as a “proactive” hands-on leader in a forward-looking manner.
As a key member of the management team, the Controller will be responsible for all accounting, financial reporting, and financial management of the site. They will assist the President and management team in establishing best practices as related to month-end close process, financial reporting, management reporting, AP/AR, etc. to ensure attainment of organizational goals.
The Controller’s essential duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Manage all financial and accounting demands, reporting and controls for the company, with an emphasis on performance improvement, providing quality management information, and furthering the development of systems, processes, and metrics
- Manage day-to-day accounting and finance operations
- Provide analysis, reporting, and recommendations for interdepartmental planning initiatives
- Responsible for all budgeting, reporting and analysis, with a substantial focus on ensuring the reporting demands of ownership are maintained and always supported
- Establish credibility throughout the organization as an effective problem solver; be viewed as approachable and constructive on a wide range of business and financial issues
The Ideal Candidate Will Possess The Following
- Bachelor’s in accounting or related field
- CPA preferred but not required
- A minimum professional experience base of at least 8 years, with 5+ years experience managing the accounting and finance process
- Exceptional technical accounting skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills
- A proven track record of performance, where timelines are achieved and deadlines are consistently met
- Detail-oriented and driven to succeed.