Vice President Hospitality Sales – North America
The company is an international designer and manufacturer of residential & commercial construction products. Publicly traded, the company does business in over 130 countries around the globe through a global workforce of over 10,000 associates.
The VP Hospitality Sales will report to the General Manager of the Business Unit and manage a team of field sales, national account and sales support employees selling to the hospitality segment. The predominant sales channel is direct to Hospitality customers who are renovating or upgrading their facilities and to the General Contractor and/or the architectural firms involved in new construction. The decision maker could also be a part of hotel or the hotel management company that manages multiple properties.
This US based position can be either remote or at one of the company’s facilities near a candidate’s current location. No relocation is planned.
This position will be responsible for approximately $60M of revenue.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute annual sales growth plans with supporting strategies, budgets and metrics.
- Inspire and mento sales teams to excel and achieve goals.
- Day to day management of field sales teams in North America as well as a new construction team, several National Account Executives and sales support personnel. Overall team size is approximately 25 people.
- Establish strong bench strength in the sales organization for succession planning.
- Ensure continuous training of sales teams on latest products and tools as well as base technology needed.
- Leverage and implement best practices for using cloud-based lead and opportunity systems, CRM, (Salesforce) and the like.
- Lead strong S&OP and Forecasting processes alongside manufacturing teams to ensure product availability and lead time reductions.
- Develop strong relationships with leadership personnel in the Hotel chains and the Management companies to secure opportunities for growth.
- Develop strong relationships with technology partners (such as in the mobile credential space) to foster technical integrations which will drive sales growth.
- Manage the opportunities and bids to maximize the closure rates while maximizing the gross margin.
- Act as customer advocate within the organization for resolution of customer satisfaction issues.
- Lead the negotiation and onboarding process for major Hospitality customer acquisition process.
- Develop strategies for new sales channels for products and how to cross sell other segment’s products into the Hospitality Market.
- Advise and collaborate with Marketing to ensure appropriate messaging and promotions are delivered.
- Review and recommend what industry events and meetings are valuable to maintain and attend.
- Acute awareness of competitive threats and develop counter measures as well as differentiation strategies.
- Utilization of internal shared services such as credit management, legal and alike as may be required to fulfill growth and sales needs.
- As a member of the Business Units Senior Management Team, contribute to the general management of the overall unit.
- Four-year college degree
- MBA is a plus
- 5+ years experience selling to the Hospitality market.
- Managed a field sales force with revenue greater the $25M.
- Managed national or global accounts with a track record of growth.
- A “digital” worker who utilizes CRM and business tools to guide business decisions and actions and is comfortable with the role technology plays in sales/business development.
- Multi-cultural business experience
- Bi-Lingual, English – Spanish, or French