When it comes to our staffing division, our primary focus is to find, select, and deliver the right candidate to our clients on a temporary, temp-to-hire, or direct hire basis. Whether the demand for our expertise is driven by an internal promotion or separation, someone on leave, an interim role, or a specific project, we think it is crucial that quality is never compromised. That’s why at FGP quality always comes first. We focus heavily on who our clients are and their specific needs, whether temporary, or permanent, and work to deliver not only good people, but great people.
In prioritizing quality (sometimes over quantity) we aim to present exceptional candidates, rather than multiple average candidates. Here, we want to get it right. By doing it right, we mean two things:
- The right candidate: We want to ensure that we find the perfect candidate for the position; fit is extremely important.
- The right relationship: We want more than a transactional relationship. We want follow-through and a partnership that is mutual: one of respect, thoughtfulness, and care. We look to foster an intentional relationship with our clients that is built on the foundation of trust, allowing the process to work seamlessly.
To find that high-quality, perfect fit of a candidate, we look for a few key things:
- Skill set: Is there a certain skill set required of this position? Does a candidate need to possess mastery in certain areas to be effective in this role? While identifying specialized skillsets can be challenging with temporary candidates, it is certainly important for permanent direct hire roles. Although a transition time is expected, it’s often important for direct hire candidates to possess a baseline knowledge and be adept in essential skillsets required for their new position (especially in specialized fields like accounting or IT).
- Tech acumen: Candidates must have strong technical skills/acumen because they need to be able to go in and adapt to new systems. In most workplaces, these systems are windows based. However, they may be more specific to a company’s focus or size (ie: Quick Books experience for small business accounting). Whether specific or general, it is important that candidates are tech savvy and able to utilize a company’s software from the start.
- Behavioral traits: There is often a heavy emphasis placed on experience and skill set when searching for a candidate. While these are important considerations, they are just one piece of the puzzle. When it comes to staffing, many things can be learned and quickly applied. What can’t be learned as easily are some of the personal qualities demonstrated by candidates. A few of these are at the top of our list, including: potential for growth, demonstrating initiative, adaptability, curiosity and eagerness to learn, and interpersonal qualities that positively impact team cohesion.
At FGP, we know the total package matters – it’s not just about getting the job done, but also about who is getting the job done. At the end of the day, a great hire could lead to a long-term employee who grows and impacts your organization. We love opening these doors, not just for our candidates but for our clients too. It takes great people to deliver repeatedly, time and time again, while focusing on high quality talent that solves problems quickly. We fit this build, always doing it the right way.